West Ealing Centre Neighbourhood Forum (WECNF)
Comments on Planning Application to London Borough of Ealing: P/2015/2638:
West Ealing Station, Drayton Green Road, West Ealing W13 0NQ.
WECNF welcomes Crossrail’s arrival in West Ealing. Our comments on this application are:
1. Passenger access to the buying tickets is outdoors and not inside the station. This will result in an unpleasant experience for passengers when it’s raining and is a downgrading as passenger access to the current ticket counter is indoors.
2. Canopy coverage on the extended platforms is very limited and needs to be extended.
3. The relocation of the bus stop for north running buses on the narrow Drayton Green Road railway bridge will cause additional congestion. A more suitable site for this bus stop needs to be identified.
4. The visibility of the station from Drayton Green Road/Argyle Road must be taken into account and adequate signage installed.
5. Controlled pick-up and drop-off activity by private cars, taxis and mini-cabs should be controlled appropriately.
6. The external station lighting needs to be improved and more contemporary lighting with restricted light spill installed.
7. Concerns have been raised about the impact of Crossrail caused by increased vehicular traffic and congestion on Manor Road. With cars parked on both sides of the road there is barely space for cars to pass each other driving east and west.
8. Important aspects not dealt with in this Planning Application include:
i) The integration of Crossrail West Ealing with the immediate urban hinterland and especially with the town centre to the south
ii) Improvements to Jacob’s Ladder footbridge which is currently unfit for purpose.
2 July 2015
West Ealing Centre Neighbourhood Forum
39 Manton Avenue
London W7 2DY
020 8567 2011